This Wiki has the potential to be a great place for fans of the game to gather and to share information. The internet is big enough for everyone to have their opinions, and to share their opinions. Not everyone has to agree, but they do have to play by the same rules:
- Help other players
- Be nice
- Don't be a jerk
It doesn't take a lot of effort to be nice to people; it takes less effort to be rude. If you know how to use a computer, you know how to nice, and how not to be rude.
Be the sort of person that you want to meet in online forums: be nice, be friendly, be welcoming, be helpful.
Language can be a tough one. What is offensive in one culture may not be in another. It is assumed that if you know how to use a computer, that you know how to communicate in a manner that isn't rude.
- If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, don't say it here
- If you wouldn't say it in a place of worship (any denomination), don't say it here
In general, don't type something that you wouldn't say to someone if they were standing in front of you. Perhaps more importantly, write comments towards others in a manner that you would like others to write their comments towards you.
We get enough grief in real life, we don't need to add to it by giving it to each other here too.
This Wiki has ZERO Tollerance with people that post spam in the Wiki. Anyone that posts spam will have their IP addresses blocked for a year.
While "Rule 3" should cover everything, sadly some people need to have specifics laid out. This is not a definitive list, but should act as a guideline as to what WON'T be tollerated under any circumstances and will get you a Permanantly Banned. These shouldn't have to be spelled out, and will hopefully never need to be acted upon here, but incase there is ever a need for them, here they are:
- Jokes about rape
- Threats of physical violence against other members
- Denigration relating to race, gender, sexuality or religion
- Sexual comments about and/or towards other users
Again, if someone is old enough to use a computer then they should be old enough to know that this sort of behaviour is completely unacceptable. People that engage in behaviour like this will be banned from the Wiki without discussion.
ATA's Terms of Service
- "By using SMASH Monsters, you agree not to upload, post, transmit, cause the display or performance of, or otherwise make available any content that..."
- is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, vulgar, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or discriminatory
- is obscene, pornographic, excessively violent or harmful to minors or depicts minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct or in a sexually explicit manner
- is illegal
- is tortuous, defamatory, libelous or invasive of another's privacy or publicity rights
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of any party
- you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships
- includes copyrighted materials for which you do not possess appropriate rights to so display, perform or otherwise make available
- bears any false, disguised or misleading origin
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to destroy, interrupt or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software, computer hardware or other equipment.
- "You may not use SMASH Monsters to do any of the following activities."
- harass or advocate harassment of another person or entity
- perform any activities that violate (intentionally or unintentionally) any applicable State, Local, Federal, or International laws or regulations promulgated by governmental agencies that have the force of law
- provide resources to or otherwise support any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent in any way your affiliation with a person or entity
- transmit unsolicited mass mailings or spam
- collect, store, or share any information about yourself or other users or members, other than in the normal course of using SMASH Monsters for their intended purpose of facilitating voluntary communication among users
- transmit any virus, worm, defect, Trojan horse or similar destructive or harmful item
- advertise any third-party services or content
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in removal of user's items or account suspension."
Game's Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct was created by A Thinking Ape, and is documented in the Forum within the Game.
- "These forums are intended to be an inviting place for players to socialize with each other and discuss SMASH Monsters. TO ensure everyone has a pleasant experience we encourage everyone to read over the Fousm Code of Conduct and to act accordingly."
The following is a list of general activiites that are prohibited on the forums.
- Inappropriate Language
- Attempting to bypass the language filter
- Inappropriate Content
- Spam (this inclueds posting the same message over and over, or posting blocks of Emojis)
- Disclosing personal information about yourself (age, gender, any identifiable information)
- Disclosing personal information about other players
- Posts in languages other htan English (the developers need to be able to understant what has been posted in order to be able to moderate it)
- Posting links to "Free Product" offers
- Links to games that were not developed by A Thinking Ape
- Creating a Disturbance
- Spreading false or misleading information about the game
- Intentionally trying to decieve others
- Posting copies of conversations with A Thinking Ape's Support Team
- Reporting abuse (use the Feedback UI or email A Thinking Ape via support(at)athinkingape.com)
- "These rules are not all-inclusive, and are subject to change without notice. Any action taken against an offender is done at the moderator's discretion and may include (but is not limited to) a temporary forum suspension, permanent ban, and in some extreme cases action being taken against your in-game account."
Breaking these rules usually results with being silenced for an hour, or 24 hours, depending on the nature of the violation.
- ↑ A Thinking Ape: SMASH Monsters Terms of Service
- ↑ SMASH Monsters Game > Forum > Announcements > Forum Code of Conduct, Posted by SMASH on Wednesday 5 November 2014